Tuesday, December 27, 2005

One Winter Night...


Ever sat in front of the computer late in the middle of the night...when its all eerie and quiet???wondering where life is heading? Wondering where all your friends are and what they are doing?Wondering why you couldn’t be as successful as them?Wondering and moaning about why you screwed up and why didn’t u listen to the good advices???Has it ever happened to you that to take your mind off your failures you walk into a chat room because you don’t want to talk to your friends and reminded of their success and your failures. And then you meet someone... a stranger in a chat room who chats to you till its dawn and you feel in the end that life aint so bad ...and you wish why you hadn't met this stranger earlier and you wish why couldn’t this stranger live closer to you instead of a thousand miles apart !!!

Has this ever happened to you???....This poem is an ode to that stranger I met ... we meet people everyday in our lives who put a smile onto our face but we never stop by and thank them for it ...this is the time...this is the chance...stop forget about everything that you are doing...remember them...and thank them for what they made you feel. I might forget what they looked like or did to me but i can never forget how they made me feel by what they said at that stage of my life...

ONE WINTER NIGHT

It was a cold winter night,
Foggy, misty and dark all outside,
Sitting alone and yearning
That I could break free
through the shackles of despair.
I run through the road of life
Not knowing where my next step would fall,
Its the toughest fight of life,
when hopes gone and no ones beside
Yet you know you have to fight.
Fight to win, fight to survive
You need to fight to keep your head held up high..
But somehow the mist of despair surrounds me. and i suddenly am lost...

Out of the mist you came ....and held my hand
I remember that day when you came into my life..
Till then i was all alone..
I didn’t love myself until you came.
I didn’t care about life, until you happened.

My life is a shadow
It has no heart and soul
Yet it gives me pain
And follows me everywhere I go...even on cloudless days
My shadow longs to touch your hair
And talk to you
But just as day and night cannot come together
and dreams and realities can never walk hand in hand...
So cannot you and I..

I miss you and everything you are to me
I remember when you said...
Do not fret when times get rough.
If things look down or kind of tough
Just remember ...I am always here

I remember those words in my dream..
Like I remember your face in my sleep.
It hurts not having you here and it doesn't help at all.
But for now farewell my friend
For I have miles to go to live my dream.
And I know your shadow will be behind me.
Watching silently and whispering to me and showing me the way...

For knowing you
for loving you
So much I have gained
you are god’s fairest child
You are an angel I have known...
My soul you have touched.
Only time will tell where we stand
but no matter what happens from here and forever...
I always want you to know...
That I would rather be here with you, at this moment...
Than with anybody else, anywhere in this world at any given time.
So for now farewell god’s fairest child ...
Maybe one day it will be you and I
walking along side by side.
I hope that day comes soon..
Till then I will live my life just thinking about you ...The stranger I have known..

4 comments:

Nikita Merchant & Sriharsh Mallela said...

hehe you are a full blown romantic.. nice poems ..
cheers

Anonymous said...

hi indro...dis is d best original work i hav ever read...know u bettr now...wish u all d best in ur life...keep it up dude

Anonymous said...

when to the sessions of sweet silent thought,
I summon up rememberance of things past,
i sigh the lack of many a thing i sought,
And with old woes new wail my dear time's waste;
Then can i drown an eye
For precious friends hid in death's dateless night,
And weep afresh love's long since cancelled woe,
And moan the expense of many a vanished sight.
Then can i grieve at grievances foregone,
And heavily from woe to woe tell over,
The sad account of fore-bemoaned moan
Which i new pay as if not paid before
But if the while i think on thee dear friend
all losses are restored and sorrows end

Anonymous said...

cool. i got ur blog address from pagal guy and i must say i dont regret reading it.it so original heart touching and yet so simple.cool